Distinguished Service Award
The CAIAC Distinguished Service Award is the honour bestowed by CAIAC to researchers who have distinguished themselves through outstanding service to the Canadian Artificial Intelligence community during the course of their career.
To nominate someone, please fill in the nomination form (in PDF or DOC formats) and forward it along with the nominee's CV to email@example.com by March 13, 2022 (EXTENDED!). The CAIAC secretary will forward these nominations to the Awards Committee members.
The award winners will be announced at the banquet at the Canadian AI Conference.
- 2022: Malek Mouhoub, University of Regina (Biography)
- 2021: Nathalie Japkowicz, American University (Biography)
- 2020: Marina Sokolova, Dalhousie University and University of Ottawa (Biography)
- 2019: Peter van Beek, University of Waterloo (Biography)
- 2019: Vlado Keselj, Dalhousie University (Biography)
- 2017: Fred Popowich, Simon Fraser University (Biography)
- 2016: Daniel (Danny) Silver, Acadia University (Biography)
- 2012: Bob Mercer, University of Western Ontario (Biography)
- 2010: Stan Matwin, University of Ottawa (Biography)
- 2009: Howard Hamilton, University of Regina (Biography)
- 2008: Graeme Hirst, University of Toronto (Biography)
- 2000: Gord McCalla, University of Saskatchewan (Biography (2018))
- 1996: Nick Cercone, York University
- 1994: Alan Mackworth, University of British Columbia
- 1992: John Mylopoulos, University of Toronto