Lifetime Achievement Award
The CAIAC Lifetime Achievement Award is the highest honour bestowed by CAIAC. It is presented to individuals who have distinguished themselves through outstanding research excellence in Artificial Intelligence during the course of their academic career.
Prix présenté à une personne afin de reconnaître l’excellence scientifique et les contributions de l’ensemble de ses réalisations en matière d’intelligence artificielle (IA).
The award is for lifetime achievement rather than for a single contribution. Nominees should have an academic career of at least 25 years after obtaining their Doctorate.
To nominate someone, please fill in the appropriate form available below (in PDF or DOC formats), ask your nominee to send you his/her CV, and forward these two documents to email@example.com by March 5, 2023. The CAIAC secretary will forward these nominations to the Awards Committee members.
The award winners will be announced at the banquet at the Canadian AI Conference.
- 2023: Richard Zemel, Columbia University (Biography)
- 2022: Fahiem Baccus, University of Toronto (Biography)
- 2022: François Laviolette, Université Laval (Biography)
- 2021: Russell Greiner, University of Alberta (Biography)
- 2021: John Mylopoulos, University of Toronto (Biography)
- 2019: Stan Matwin, Dalhousie University (Biography)
- 2019: Robert Holte, University of Alberta (Biography)
- 2018: Yoshua Bengio, University of Montreal (Biography)
- 2018: Robin Cohen, University of Waterloo (Biography)
- 2018: Geoffrey Hinton, University of Toronto (Biography)
- 2018: Richard Sutton, University of Alberta (Biography)
- 2017: Graeme Hirst, University of Toronto
- 2015: Nicholas Joseph (Nick) Cercone, York University (Biography)
- 2013: David Poole, University of British Columbia (Biography)
- 2012: Hector Levesque, University of Toronto (Biography)
- 2011: Guy Lapalme, Université de Montréal (Biography)
- 2010: Alan Mackworth, University of British Columbia (Biography)
- 2008: Jonathan Schaeffer, University of Alberta (Biography)