Distinguished Service Award
The CAIAC Distinguished Service Award is the honour bestowed by CAIAC to researchers who have distinguished themselves through outstanding service to the Canadian Artificial Intelligence community during the course of their career.
Prix présenté à une personne afin de reconnaître son service remarquable offert aux membres de CAIAC et à la communauté canadienne de l’IA.
To nominate someone, please fill in the appropriate form available below (in PDF or DOC formats), ask your nominee to send you his/her CV, and forward these two documents to email@example.com by March 5, 2023. The CAIAC secretary will forward these nominations to the Awards Committee members.
The award winners will be announced at the banquet at the Canadian AI Conference.
- 2022: Malek Mouhoub, University of Regina (Biography)
- 2021: Nathalie Japkowicz, American University (Biography)
- 2020: Marina Sokolova, Dalhousie University and University of Ottawa (Biography)
- 2019: Peter van Beek, University of Waterloo (Biography)
- 2019: Vlado Keselj, Dalhousie University (Biography)
- 2017: Fred Popowich, Simon Fraser University (Biography)
- 2016: Daniel (Danny) Silver, Acadia University (Biography)
- 2012: Bob Mercer, University of Western Ontario (Biography)
- 2010: Stan Matwin, University of Ottawa (Biography)
- 2009: Howard Hamilton, University of Regina (Biography)
- 2008: Graeme Hirst, University of Toronto (Biography)
- 2000: Gord McCalla, University of Saskatchewan (Biography (2018))
- 1996: Nick Cercone, York University
- 1994: Alan Mackworth, University of British Columbia
- 1992: John Mylopoulos, University of Toronto