Best Master's Thesis Award
This award recognizes an outstanding masters-level thesis completed at a Canadian University in the field of Artificial Intelligence. The winner will receive a monetary prize and will be invited to give a talk at the next Graduate Student Symposium of the Canadian AI conference.
CAIAC welcomes submissions of successfully completed master’s level work in the area of Artificial Intelligence from any Canadian University in the year prior to the award. Each nomination must include:
- A nomination letter from the academic supervisor(s) or the head of the academic unit indicating the date on which the thesis was formally approved by the academic unit and detailing the rationale for the nomination (maximum of two pages). Supporting letters from examiners and/or other experts may be attached as appendices (maximum of two more pages).
- A non-technical summary of the thesis (maximum of 350 words),
- The final thesis in PDF format.
The submission deadline is March 15th, 2023.
Both English and French submissions are welcome. To be acceptable, the final version of the thesis must have been approved in the 12 months prior to the deadline above.
Conference registration cost and travel expenses will be covered by CAIAC.
Instructions for submission
- Log on to the CAIAC website as a member. (Only members of CAIAC can submit a nomination. To register, click here.)
- Fill out the Submission for award form available here.
Please do not hesitate to contact the CAIAC secretary (email@example.com) should you have any questions regarding the application.