Canadian AI Industry Track: Call for Communication
Canadian AI 2022 invites industry researchers, developers, entrepreneurs and emerging startups to take part in the upcoming Industry Track of the 35th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Toronto, Ontario (virtually).
As an industrial contributor, you will have the opportunity to share your experience, get insight from the global network of academic experts and researchers, and meet graduate students interested in your activities.
For this edition, the highlighted topic for this track will be Industrial AI: AI-bank of the future.
Artificial intelligence technologies are increasingly integral to the world we live in, and banks need to deploy these technologies at scale to remain relevant. Success requires a holistic transformation spanning multiple layers of the organization.
The track will have two sessions:
- A one-hour roundtable to exchange on this year highlighted topic AI you can bank on, followed by 15 minutes of questions.
We are delighted to welcome the following participants to the roundtable.
|Dr. Armando Benitez, Managing Director and Head, Data Cognition Team & Quantitative Engineering, BMO Capital Markets|
|Dr. Maxime Bergeron, Head of Research and Development, RiskFuel|
|Dr. Andrew Brown, Executive Director, CIBC Capital Markets, Alternate Solutions Group and Simplii Financial|
|Dr. Ron Dembo, Founder and CEO of Risk Thinking.AI, Algorithmics and Zerofootprints|
|Greg Kirczenow, Senior Director, AI/ML Model Validation, RBC|
|Shelly Liposky, Managing Director and Head of Business Risk and Solutions at BMO Capital Markets|
|Dr. Ignacio Ruiz, Director, Head of Counterparty Credit Risk Analytics and Measurement, Scotiabank|
|Dr. Rustam Vosilov, AVP, Model Validation, Machine Learning, TD Bank|
- A session of 10 minute presentations of use-cases from accepted papers followed by 5 minutes of questions.
- Ali Khanafer, Jessie Lamontagne, Suddan Mani, Do We Really Need Deep Learning for Forecasting? — Watch on Youtube
- Claudie Roy, Florence Marcotte, Hitting two birds with one stone : using a dialog system model for automated email answering — Watch on Youtube
- Prem Prakash, Ethics and trust are essential considerations for AI application into banking — Watch on Youtube
- Jatinder Pal Singh, Building an Expert System based on Data Mining
The proposal must include the following:
- Talk title
- Name of the presenter(s), title(s) and company
- Summary of talk (max. 100 words) for the AI conference website
- Description (max. 300 words): Detailed outline, for review
The final version of the paper must be no more than two pages, including references.
Submission website: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=canadianai2022
Topics of Interest
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- AI and data analytics
- Deep learning application to risk management
- Reinforcement learning application to algorithmic trading
- Machine learning application to credit risk and revenue modeling
- Machine learning application to fraud detection
- AI application to cyber security
- AI application to climate change
- AI application to blockchain technology
- Deep Learning for time series forecasting
- High frequency trading: machine learning for market microstructure
- Deep reinforcement learning for algorithmic trading
- Fraud detection with real-time data analytics and machine learning models
- Accelerate your models: valuation and risk sensitivities with deep learning
- Model performance management powered by Explainable ML—Build Explainable models
- Data analytics for Finance
- Machine Learning in the world of blockchain
- Application of Advanced Data analytics to Climate Risk
- Risk management calculations with machine learning for pricing derivatives and risk sensitivities
- Deep learning and neural networks: from machine learning to artificial intelligence
- Automation of corporate system management
- Speech recognition to secure apps based transactions
- Process automation solution (e.g., automation mortgage processing or corporate systems)
- The moral code of AI: Safe, Ethical and Effective AI
8 March 2022 extended to 30 April 2022
Author notification: 5 May 2022
Dates & Venue
Canadian AI 2022: Monday, 30 May 2022 to Friday, 3 June 2022, with the industry track on 30 May 2022.
The conference will be held virtually in Toronto, Canada.
Industry Track Chair
|Dr. Letitia Golubitsky, Bank of Montreal
Model Risk Senior Specialist, Model Validation, Trading models