You are here
2016 AI Masters Thesis Award Nomination
Dear CAIAC Member:
The Canadian Artificial Intelligence Association/L'Association pour l'Intelligence Artificielle au Canada (CAIAC) is happy to announce its sixth AI Master’s Thesis Award. This award concerns outstanding MSc theses completed in a Canadian University during 2016 in the field of Artificial Intelligence (please see note 1 below). The winner will be announced at the 2017 Canadian Conference on Artificial Intelligence held in Edmonton from May 16 to 19, 2017 and will be invited to give a talk at the Graduate Symposium during the conference (the symposium and conference registration will be covered as well as travel expenses of up to $1,000). The winner will also receive a monetary prize of $200 and a certificate from CAIAC.
Every Academic Unit within a Canadian University is invited to submit one (1) nomination to CAIAC Master’s Thesis Award Committee, as long as the thesis is in the area of Artificial Intelligence. The thesis submission must include:
- a nomination letter from the head of the academic unit detailing the rationale for the nomination,
- a reference letter from the thesis supervisor,
- a copy of the thesis external examiner’s report or a summary report from the internal reviewers (maximum of two pages),
- a non-technical summary of the thesis (a maximum of 350 words is allowed),
- and an electronic link to the complete thesis in PDF format.
The nominee must be a CAIAC member by the submission deadline indicated below. The submitted documents must be submitted in electronic format through the CAIAC website (www.caiac.ca) by February 28th, 2017, at the latest. Both English and French submissions are welcome.
Please do not hesitate to contact the CAIAC secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) should you have any questions regarding the application.
1. The final (post-defense) version of the MSc thesis must have been received and accepted by the graduate unit in 2016.
Instructions for submission:
- Log in to the CAIAC website as a member. (Only members of CAIAC can submit a nomination. To register, click here.)
- Add the thesis or publication by clicking here.
- Fill out the Submission for award form available here.
- By completing the nomination process, emails are sent to heads of academic units requesting nomination letters.